Mid-sized firm seeks Litigation Legal Secretary to join a great team!
As a Litigation Legal Secretary, you will be responsible for performing secretarial duties using legal terminology, procedures and documents. This position will also entail preparing correspondence such as summonses, complaints, motions and subpoenas.
- Preparing and processing documents and papers such as appeals, summonses, subpoenas, motions, complaints, and pre-trial agreements
- Mailing, faxing, or arranging for delivery of correspondence to clients, witnesses, and court officials
- Receiving and placing telephone calls
- Organizing and maintaining documents and case files
This position offers $20.00-22.00 per hour, and is a full-time position (40 hours per week). Overtime is occasionally required. This position is Temp-to-Hire and client has a strong reputation for hiring excellent individuals as full-time permanent employees. A raise in annual pay is likely upon being hired on as a permanent employee. BENEFITS:
Benefits are offered from Day 1
of your assignment! Our Ambassador Program™ makes you a representative of our company and sets achievable compensation and benefits levels based on your length of service. Our Ambassador Benefits package includes: Medical, dental and vision coverage; Life insurance w/ AD&D; Short-term disability; 401(k); Annual recognition bonus; Sick pay; Paid holidays; and much more!REQUIREMENTS:
Successful candidates for the Litigation Legal Secretary / Legal Administrative Assistant role are professional and courteous with a positive can-do attitude. Someone who is able to work with minimal guidance and are able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks would be a good fit for this role.
- 1+ year experience as a Litigation Legal Secretary or Legal Administrative Assistant
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.