Major Entertainment Technology company in Playa Vista is seeking a Director- Legal and Business Affairs.
Description: Reporting to the Vice President, Legal and Business Affairs, the Director, Legal and Business Affairs will provide legal counsel and business input in connection with matters relating to the Company's Entertainment Division. Key responsibilities will include providing legal counsel and transactional support regarding branding, marketing and promotional activities, negotiating and drafting agreements for the financing, production, and distribution of original films, as well as, drafting and negotiating agreements to license content. The role also includes assisting with general corporate legal matters relating to the Entertainment Division.
What you'll be doing:
· Provide legal advice and counsel related to the marketing, branding and promotions functions of the business, including the review of creative materials, social media and digital activities to ensure conformity with regulatory requirements. Structure, draft and negotiate agreements related to marketing, digital advertising, data collection and use, social media platforms and media buying including, but not limited to, media agency agreements, sponsorship agreements, and master services agreements.
· Oversee sweepstakes/contest compliance, including drafting official rules.
· Provide legal advice and counsel to Entertainment Division concerning the Company's film production, post-production, distribution and licensing functions. Draft and negotiate agreements involving the development, financing and production of films, including talent, co-financing, co-production, general vendor and rights acquisition agreements and licenses.
· Provide legal advice regarding applicable guild obligations and insurance issues.
Skills: - J.D. degree, strong academic credentials, and membership in good standing of the State Bar of California.
• J.D. degree, strong academic credentials, and membership in good standing of the State Bar of California.
• 6+ years of entertainment law experience, with a strong command of general entertainment and licensing law principles.
• In-depth knowledge of contract and commercial law.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Self-starter with strong work ethic and the ability to take initiative, work independently with minimal supervision, and establish priorities.
• Effective time management skills are essential, with the ability to balance multiple matters concurrently in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
• Experience identifying and managing risk; ability to provide practical, results-oriented legal advice.
• Flexibility and willingness to take on tasks in new or unfamiliar areas of the law.
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Legal Director position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.