Prestigious Am Law 100 law firm in the East Bay seeks a workers' comp legal secretary with at least 3 years of experience.
Under general direction, the legal secretary will perform a full range of complex and responsible secretarial and legal work utilizing legal terminology, procedures, and documents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Receive and transcribe legal dictation of status reports, conference summaries, settlement disbursement reports, etc.
· Proofread and correct prepared materials for correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, format, syntax, and content.
· Compose routine letters and memoranda using knowledge of work area instructions and guidelines.
· Maintain files, logs, and other information in connection with the work under the control of the assigned attorney.
· Prepare Pre-Trial Conference Statements, settlement documents and Trial exhibits in advance of hearings and depositions as applicable.
· Accurately document and bill for all billable work and tasks according with billing procedures.
· Operate standard office equipment such as copy machines, scanners.
· Receive and place telephone calls.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Prior experience as a Legal Secretary in a workers compensation law firm highly preferred.
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Adobe Acrobat and Dropbox or other shared cloud storage.
· Skilled typing ability (minimum 75 WPM) as well as strong writing, proofreading, spelling and grammar skills.
· A1- Law Case Management Software, VTransact and EAMS a plus.
· Ability to interact effectively with the public, clients, and employees; maintain confidentiality and use discretion and tact; work independently in the absence of specific instruction.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail oriented and work well under pressure with the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and have pride in work product. This is a fast-paced position that requires critical thinking skills, and the ability to problem-solve. In addition, this role must work collaboratively with attorneys and staff at all levels to achieve goals. Please submit your resume for review.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
-at least 3 years of workers' comp experience preferred
Posted By: email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Legal Secretary- Workers' Conp- Defense position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.