Prominent law firm seeks skilled Workers Compensation Defense Legal Secretary to join their growing team in Sherman Oaks. The ideal candidate will have 4+ years of Workers Compensation Defense experience and firm understanding of EAMS (both filing and retrieving documents).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Calendaring depos, hearings, attorney deadlines, etc.
- Composing and proofreading legal documents, memos and correspondence
- maintain electronic case files
- Filing/efiling with the courts
- Transcribing electronic dictation
- Other duties as assigned or needed
Required Experience & Skills:
- 2+ years Workers Comp Defense experience
- Strong computer skills
- Strong understanding of and experience with EAMS
- Team oriented attitude and desire to succeed as a team
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans offerred
- Targeting between $55,000 - $65,000 depending on experience; eligible for over-time
- Eligible for annual discretionary bonus
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a firm that respects and values its employees, encourages personal and professional growth among its teammembers and acknowledges the individual contributions of every employee.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.