My client, a boutique law firm located in downtown Denver, is looking for a full-time Litigation Paralegal to join their team. Candidates must have at least 5 years of litigation experience. The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
Required skills include:
* Familiarity with rules of civil procedure and local rules in state and federal court
* Ability to docket/calendar case deadlines
* E-filing in state and federal courts (CCE and CM/ECF)
* Ability to prepare disclosure statements and discovery responses
* Ability to draft various motions, proposed orders and summons
* Experience with appropriate process service procedure for Complaints and Subpoenas
* Assist attorneys with activities related to depositions, hearings and trials
* Experience with bates numbering, headers/footers, redaction, etc.
* Ability to communicate effectively with clients, business vendors, attorneys and staff
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills (grammar & spelling)
* Good interpersonal skills with a "can-do' work ethic
* Attention to detail
Preferred skills include:
* Cite-check and pin cite briefs (i.e., Bluebooking)
* Document production database management
* Document management experience (Eclipse preferred but not required)
* Format briefs (Table of Contents, Table of Authorities)
* Familiarity with state and federal rules of appellate procedure
The salary for this position is 50-60k. They offer competitive compensation and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, cafeteria plan, life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid time off, 401(k) and profit-sharing. Parking pass or EcoPass is provided for all employees at no cost.
Please email me for details email@example.com
EOE/M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Thank you for applying to the Litigation Paralegal position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.