The Litigation Legal Secretary will provide legal and administrative support to multiple attorneys. This essential, highly responsible and accountable position requires the individual to work independently, anticipate needs, be proactive, maintain confidentiality, and demonstrate professionalism. The candidate must possess strong organizational and time management skills, communicate effectively and be flexible as demands and priorities change.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Document production and file management
- E-filing with state and federal courts
- Draft, proofread and edit correspondence
- Knowledge of court rules and civil procedures in State and Federal jurisdictions.
- Legal calendaring
- Management of multiple calendars, appointments and travel arrangements
- Preparation of travel/expense reimbursements
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- 1+ years of federal e-filing experience
- Strong technical skills; ideally experience in a paperless environment
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe
- 2+ years of experience as a litigation secretary working with multiple attorneys; Insurance Defense experience is preferred but not required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.