World class law firm serving the Los Angeles area since 1943. We have an opportunity for a Litigation Legal Secretary in our Downtown Los Angeles office.
The firm is seeking a highly skilled litigation legal secretary with 5+ years of experience. The ideal candidate will bring sophisticated plaintiff and defense general litigation experience. Must demonstrate initiative and follow-through while managing multiple, competing deadlines. Candidate must be very organized, proactive, and have excellent written and communication skills. Experience using Microsoft Office Suite 2010 & above is a requirement.
We value attention to detail, a great attitude, and the ability to strategically manage workload to support our growing General Litigation Practice Group. Applicant must have strong understanding of the litigation process in State and Federal courts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: ("Essential functions' are primarily job duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation made by the employer.)
1. Responsible for coordinating and confirming the scheduling of meetings, depositions, and hearings for firm attorneys with clients and other parties.
2. Strong knowledge of court rules and filing procedures (including e-filing) in both state and federal courts.
3. Excellent word processing skills (intermediate to advanced level in Word, Microsoft Outlook.) Accurate and efficient keyboarding skills (65+ WPM.)
4. Mastery generating Tables of Authorities and Tables of Contents using Word; and ability to format documents with Word-generated styles.
5. Knowledge of attorney timekeeping software and calendaring.
6. Excellent writing, grammar, proofreading skills and overall attention to detail.
7. Well organized and able to prioritize in a fast paced environment.
8. Organize, prioritize and manage numerous tasks under time constraints.
9. Ability to work independently and cooperatively supporting multiple attorneys and paralegals.
10. Processes incoming mail, faxes, and emails, calendaring and tasking appearances and deadlines as necessary using master calendar system.
11. Drafts routine correspondence, pleadings and other legal documents.
12. Produces high-quality word processing documents following Firm standards.
13. Accurately revises, proofread and performs minor editing (punctuation, grammar, spelling) of correspondence and other documents.
14. Manages and organizes case files and other records.
15. Follows instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff while providing information in a courteous and tactful manner.
16. Operates standard office equipment, such as multi-function devices, scanners, copiers and computers; transcribes dictation when needed.
17. Work overtime occasionally to perform essential duties of the position.
18. Take initiative in support of attorneys.
19. Cooperates and provides assistance when assigned to team member's attorneys.
20. Assist with overflow work.
21. Conducts oneself in a professional manner.
22. Exhibits office appropriate behavior and dress.
23. Excellent attendance and punctuality.
Education, Training & Experience:
· 5 years of litigation experience in a law firm, or legal department required, preferably working in a personal injury and civil litigation in State and Federal Courts law environment.
· Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite
· Experience with Lexis-Nexis Time Matters Case Management, PCLaw Billing and
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race
Thank you for applying to the Personal Injury Litigation Assistant position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.