Our Washington D.C. office has an opening for a Litigation Paralegal with at least three years of paralegal experience. ABA approved paralegal degree preferred. The ideal applicant will have experience with products liability, class action defense, and insurance litigation. This position requires interaction with clients, vendors, outside counsel, experts, and lawyers and staff in other offices, so effective oral and written communications are essential. In addition, desired skills and experience include:
- High level of comfort with technology and legal software programs, including Relativity, e-filing in federal and state courts, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Experience with LEXIS, cite-checking, proofreading, and bluebook proficiency;
- Experience preparing attorneys for depositions, including coordinating logistics, transcripts, preparing witness files, exhibits, notices, and subpoenas;
- Experience with subpoenas for records from private and governmental entities, including health care providers;
- Experience assisting with interviewing witnesses, collecting and organizing information and documents;
- The ability to manage document reviews and productions, including bates numbering and logging productions;
- Experience with ESI and understanding of e-discovery procedures;
- Experience monitoring dockets and case deadlines;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to plan and take initiative to accomplish tasks in timely manner;
- Ability to work efficiently within a team driven environment, to prioritize assignments and delegate when necessary;
- Ability to manage workflow and work under tight deadlines and other time constraints, with competing and shifting priorities;
- Experience in trial preparation and assistance at trial.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.