Top Denver Am Law 200 national law firm looking for Litigation Legal Secretary with an emphasis in complex and business litigation.
The Legal Secretary is responsible for supporting attorneys and paralegals by performing a variety of legal and administrative tasks.
The job responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Prepare correspondence, pleadings, contracts, other documents and/or memoranda in draft and in final form from handwritten material, typed copy and transcription files.
- Prepare, submit and maintain attorney(s) weekly time records.
- Electronic filing in both state and federal courts.
- Monitor, prioritize, organize, and facilitate daily workflow in order to meet project deadlines. This includes all administrative tasks including scheduling meetings, calendar management, processing expense reimbursements etc.
- Maintain e-mails and/or documents on DMS as determined by attorney and paralegal.
- Communicate with other legal and support departments as well as regional offices as needed.
- Open New Client/New Matter Reports, as requested, and arranges for conflicts checks.
- Set up, maintain, and ensure that files are kept current including classifying, arranging files, filing, and storing information. Requests files from Records Department.
- Act as liaison for attorneys and all office service departments, including Accounting, Business Development, IT, and Docketing & Records
- 3+ years of progressively responsible and varied legal secretarial experience.
- Familiarity with general processes, systems philosophies, structure, methods and approaches of mid-to-large sized firms.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of court rules for state and federal courts and various court electronic filing procedures for applicable practice areas.
- Proficient in the use of software systems such as Microsoft Office 2013 (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), DMS/iManage, Elite, Workshare Compare, Olympus, and Adobe.
- Skill in typing and transcribing at a rate of 70 + wpm with a high rate of accuracy.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task, while working effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish good rapport with attorneys, clients, and other staff.
- Ability to proofread a variety of documents with high attention to detail.
- Ability to think creatively and work independently.
- Exceptionally strong organizational skills and work ethic in delivering client products in a timely manner.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and advancement based on individual qualifications and the overall requirements of the job, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- legal secretary: 3 years (Preferred)
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Ang