Date Posted: 3/25/2020Apply Now
My client, a national law firm, has an immediate need for a Legal Secretary Job, Denver, CO. This position supports a busy litigation practice group, as well as the Firm Administrator. Salary is based upon experience, including excellent benefits!
Legal Secretary Assistant Responsibilities:
* Prepares correspondence, memoranda and other legal documents from written and oral drafts
* Answers telephone when necessary, screens calls, and communicates messages to appropriate person
* Interacts with clients on the phone and in person
* Enters time and expenses accurately and in a timely manner, into Coyote to be included in client bills; proofreads and edits prebills and finals
* Follows procedures for opening new clients, processes conflicts checks, and maintains all client and general files electronically, and when appropriate, physically; updates Billing Information Sheets consistently and accurately
* Reads, sorts incoming mail, scanning to recipients if appropriate; ensures that outgoing mail is delivered to postal or overnight courier drop boxes, if not picked up from the office. If necessary, routes mail to specific delivery service and follows up on timely delivery
* Makes travel arrangements for attorneys, and posts on firm calendar; prepares itineraries and tracks receipts to reconcile expenses on Amex bill
* Establishes and maintains calendar and deadline reminder systems; manages attorney calendars and contacts
* Prepares and updates litigation as well as other types of binders
* Reviews and prepares documents for compliance with Court and/or Administrative Agency Rules prior to filing. Files and retrieves pleadings from various Courts via ECF/CMF and/or Pacer.
* Ability to work independently without requiring close supervision and to exercise good judgment and take appropriate initiative. Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks in order to meet deadlines
* Minimum of 5 plus years of experience as a Legal Administrative Assistant, preferably with a law firm
* Ability to produce legal documents, correspondence and reports, accurately and in a timely manner, from rough draft
* Advanced knowledge of Word to include Styles and creation of Table of Contents and Table of Authorities for documents; an intermediate level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint required, experience with a document management system, such as iManage
* Interpersonal skills (written and oral) to communicate effectively and in a courteous manner with clients, attorneys and co-workers
* Availability and willingness to work over-time when necessary
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Thank you for applying to the Legal Secretary position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.