Adams & Martin Group is seeking an experienced Commercial Litigation Attorney to join the Business Commercial Litigation team and work with our client, a law firm in Central Phoenix!
This is a NEW Full-Time, Permanent role as the firm is growing and getting busier.
As a Commercial Lit Attorney, you will work with businesses involved in a variety of disputes, such as those concerning partnerships and shareholders, sales of merchandise, licensing, construction or real estate.
Whether disputes are settled in or out of court, you will spend much of the time on a case taking depositions, interviewing witnesses, reviewing documents, writing briefs and visiting dispute sites.
Job duties can include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting the initial case evaluation
- Drafting the necessary motions or pleadings
- Formulating responses to the other party's complaint
- Exchanging information with the other party during the discovery process
- Preparing the necessary documentation for the court lawsuit
- Choosing the best strategy to deploy in court based on the existing evidence
- Presenting the case in court.
- Negotiating with the other party's lawyers during the settlement phase
- Appealing the case if the negotiation fails
You will work on a variety of matters, including but not limited to:
- State and federal trial court
- State and federal courts of appeals
- Multi-party litigation -- a lawsuit in which many individuals are represented in one case
- Small claims court -- civil court where disputes are heard for smaller damage amounts
This is NOT an entry level position! You must have significant experience practicing Commercial Business Litigation!
If you have the requisite experience listed above and are interested in this position, please send your resume in WORD to SwShah@AdamsMartinGroup.com with the subject "Lateral Commercial Lit Attorney'.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com