Established Denver law firm is seeking a dynamic plaintiffs' personal injury litigation assistant with 2+ years of litigation experience. Our personal injury litigation team handles a variety of cases, including premises liability, product defect, auto accidents, and work-related injuries from the filing of the complaint through trial. This position plays an important role in providing legal support to the attorneys and managing the day-to-day tasks within each case. Fluent in Spanish is a plus. Salary is based upon experience with excellent benefits!
Personal Injury Legal Assistant Responsibilities Include:
- Drafting pleadings and discovery, filing documents in state and federal courts, coordinating and assembling documents for filings and motions, managing deadlines within each case, and collaborating with attorneys on case strategy.
- Preparation of subpoenas, pleadings, deposition notices, exhibits and trial notebooks
- Draft and mail correspondence to clients.
- Responsible for case management and trial deadlines
- Schedule and organize meetings and appointments.
- Maintain calendar for managing partner and associate.
- Screen phone calls for attorney
- Maintain client communications and docketing.
- Process incoming mail.
- Liaison with courts and process servers to ensure timely service/court filings (include e-filing in State and Federal courts).
- Scheduling of appointments and meetings with clients and witnesses.
- Assist attorney in preparation of depositions, client meetings, mediations/arbitrations.
If you are interested in this Personal Injury Legal Assistant position, please apply!
- 2+ years of personal injury experience within a law firm environment
- Excellent communications (written and verbal) skills and strong organizational skills
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Prioritize multiple tasks and ensure timely completion
- Knowledge of State Court rules and filing procedures
- Works independently with minimal supervision and instruction
- High level of professionalism, integrity and positive demeanor
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org