Adams & Martin Group is looking for a self-starter to join a local small boutique law firm in Sacramento. Must be organized, able to multi-task and work independently. This is a great opportunity to get our foot in the door with a lot of potential growth.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Answer phones, greet clients, and maintain kitchen/lobby areas.
- Process incoming and outgoing office mail -- Sort, scan and distribute incoming office mail. Ensure outgoing mail is processed according to office protocols.
- Organize and maintain office files (paper and computer based).
- Produce legal documents - transcribe, format, edit, and finalize a variety of legal documents which may include, letters, memorandum, pleadings, discovery and other legal materials. Attention to accuracy, detail, grammar, and excellent proofreading skills are required.
- Prepare documents for filing in State and Federal courts. Experience with filing documents in numerous counties and e-filing. Also prepare documents for service either by mail, overnight mail or arrange for service with process servers.
- Maintain attorney calendar - plan and schedule conferences, calls, depositions, appointments, and court dates. Maintain deadline and reminder systems.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients, courts, and attorneys both via telephone and in person.
Education and Experience:
- College degree preferred, but not required.
- Must be proficient with typical office computer systems including Windows, Outlook, Word, and Adobe.
- Ability to work independently as well as work with a team.
- Have excellent time management skills to manage stress and high pressure deadline situations.
- Type 50 wpm minimum.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org