Our client, a growing Denver law firm has an immediate opening for a Junior IP Legal assistant with 2+ years of law firm experience. Ideal candidate must have experience in patent prosecution, also hands-on U.S. and foreign patent prosecution experience and general intellectual property experience. This is a newly created role for a busy IP practice group.
Specific patent prosecution responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing documentation and electronically filing U.S. and PCT patent applications, Declarations, Assignments, Application Data Sheets, Responses to Office Action, and other standard patent prosecution documentation.
- Preparing Information Disclosure Statements, including cross-referencing to extensive patent families.
- Coordinating preparation of Formal Drawings with patent draftsman; proofreading issued patents and preparing Requests for Certificate of Correction; corresponding with foreign counsel.
- Drafting reporting correspondence to clients; maintaining physical and electronic files; determining next steps for incoming correspondence, including setting up shell working documents.
- Substantively reviewing and updating patent docket; shared responsibility with attorneys for ensuring all deadlines are met; and other related tasks and duties as requested.
- General intellectual property legal assistant responsibilities include preparation of substantive communications under attorney direction, performing internet research and reporting results, and general secretarial duties.
If you are interested in this IP Legal Assistant job Denver, CO, please send your resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com