Growing boutique Law Firm in Downtown LA is seeking a Legal Assistant / Jr. Paralegal to join their team. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of civil litigation experience, excellent research and writing skills and the ability to adapt and think on their feet.
- Drafting legal documents and correspondence
- Calendaring deadlines and appearances
- Preparing materials for hearings, mediations, arbitrations, etc.
- Conducting basic legal research
- Filing/E-Filing with the courts
- Drafting discovery responses and requests
- Minimum 1+ years of solid litigation experience; 3+ years preferred
- General civil litigation, Insurance Defense, Labor & Employment, and/or Construction Defect experience preferred
- Paralegal Certificate is a plus but not required
- Strong research, writing and organizational skills
- Proficiency with Adobe Professional and Microsoft Office prodcuts
Firm offers opportunity to grow and take on more responsibility, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package. Compensation commensurate with experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com