AMLAW 100 firm is seeking a Trademark Paralegal for its Los Angeles office. The Trademark Paralegal will be responsible for assisting with all facets of the trademark prosecution process and with domain name protection.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Research and compile information pertaining to national and international intellectual property rights, particularly trademarks; Procedural matters and case law; Domain name and other Internet issues in the United States and internationally.
- Assist attorneys with full trademark searches by compiling trademark search results, and summarize into formats such as charts or spreadsheets.
- Prepare status summary reports on various client matters for attorneys and clients.
- Knowledge of legalizations and certifications for filing of international trademarks.
- Knowledge of USPTO, particularly pertaining to trademark portfolio and enforcement practice.
- Drafting and filing applications, statements of use, renewals, affidavits of use, office action responses and assignments, as well as notices of opposition and cancellation.
- Apply enforcement strategies in order to determine potentially infringing trademark uses and domain names.
- Knowledge of IP docket systems and ability to coordinate with Docketing team for recording of due dates for all trademark portfolio matters.
- Assist with preparing and filing UDRP and similar complaints to combat domain name infringement.
- Monitor social media sites for infringing uses of clients' trademarks, and prepare takedown requests through social media platforms' complaint mechanisms.
- Monitor ICANN developments and report relevant updates to team and clients
- Bachelor's degree with solid academic credentials
- 5+ years' experience as an IP paralegal preferred, including significant work on global trademark portfolio matters and some exposure to Internet matters such as domain names and social media.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills, with meticulous attention to detail, required
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com