Large law firm in downtown St. Louis is recruiting a litigation legal assistant with 2+ years of experience in litigation.
Duties will include:
- Generates and finalizes correspondence, and legal documents to include pleadings, memoranda, briefs, electronic filings, contracts, leases, and agreements.
- Problem solves, think independently, and undertake projects with minimum supervision while maintaining timely and efficient organization.
- Collaborates with attorney/paralegal team in producing top quality work product.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with both internal and external clients on all levels.
- Handles communications when attorney is out of the office, to include assisting clients and taking detailed information.
- Maintains a calendar/docketing system.
- Coordinates travel arrangements.
- Electronic filing of court documents.
- Handles processing of business and vendor expenses through the accounting department.
- Other duties in compliance with Standards of Quality for Legal Assistant.
- Ability to problem-solve, think independently and undertake projects with minimum supervision in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to proofread material for contextual, grammatical, typographic, or spelling errors.
- Ability to transcribe legal documents, correspondence and reports at a level of minimum of 70 wpm.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Products.
- 2 Year Associates Degree in Paralegal Studies preferred
Competitive compensation and full benefits!
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org