Date Posted: 10/13/2021Apply Now
A fast paced, mid-sized law firm is seeking an experienced legal secretary/litigation assistant with the ability to work under pressure.
Document Preparation, Filings, Trial Preparation
· Prepare legal documents using correct formatting.
· Process e-filing and hard copy filing with courts.
· Communicate with clients, vendors and opposing counsel in a professional manner.
· Schedule conference rooms for client meetings and depositions.
· Calendaring in ProLaw and Outlook.
· Prepare binders, indices, exhibits, etc.
Prolaw Experience a plus
· Keep ProLaw properly updated, including utilizing the correct codes and categories for saving documents, and keeping case information up-to-date with the correct party names, filings, etc.
· Keep files updated and in electronic format.
· Close out files according to firm policy.
· Open new cases in Form Builders.
· Communicate with attorneys regarding progress on tasks, confirm priorities if necessary.
· Make travel arrangements for team members.
· Burn CDs/DVDs, transfer communication to thumb drives, Workshare, Dropbox, etc.
· Possibly transcribe dictation.
· Perform other duties as needed based on practice area and firm demands.
· 5 years of experience in all phases of complex litigation (discovery, trial, appeals): Understanding of litigation, local, state, federal and administrative rules (knowledge of bankruptcy and tax court rules is a plus).
· Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Outlook, etc.
· Strong communication, grammar, proofreading, time management and organizational skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Litigation Secretary 1711 position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.