A local Sacramento law firm is seeking an experienced Corporate/Transactional Legal Secretary. This is a long term position and requires three years as a corporate or transactional secretary. Must be a team player with the willingness to help with coverage when needed!
- Familiar with Secretary of State and County Recorder filing procedures and requirements.
- Familiar with law library.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with document management systems (comparable to OpenText eDocs (formerly known as Hummingbird DM).
- Document comparison software (comparable to Delta View/Workshare® or compareDocs).
- Document formatting software (comparable to Litera Innova or Legal MacPac).
- Time Entry software.
- Electronic Calendaring and Docketing (comparable to Compulaw).
- PDF Software (Adobe/Foxit).
- Scanning/OCR software.
- Performs secretarial and clerical duties.
- Creates and maintains files, keeps records and prepares reports as requested.
- Works closely with staff.
- Create and format table of contents.
- Processes mail daily.
- Handles phone calls for attorneys.
- Responds to and generates email messages.
- Transcribes from dictation.
- Drafts routine correspondence and documents on own initiative for approval by attorneys.
- Schedules appointments, depositions and other events.
- Receives clients arriving for appointments (including beverages).
- Maintains electronic calendar for attorneys and self, including deadlines and other commitments.
- Enters attorneys' time electronically.
- Makes travel arrangements, hotel reservations and continuing education registrations for attorneys.
- Performs conflicts checks.
- Perfects documents for Secretary of State, County Recorder and tax agency filings; files and follows up as required.
- Opens New Client/Matters in accordance with firm procedure.
- Performs other duties as required
For immediate consideration please send your resume in Word format to this application!
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org