Our San Francisco office with 15 professionals is recruiting for a highly efficient, professional and entrepreneurial individual to assist with junior paralegal and general office support tasks.
We are a hard-working, collaborative, and friendly group of professionals who are motivated to support each other as we fulfill our Firm mission to be a law firm built for clients. The ideal incumbent will be team oriented, collegial, and collaborative, which are "must have' qualities for applicants, in addition to a proven track record of expertise with the following duties and skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities*
- Assist with various types of case related work including drafting correspondence, discovery responses and notices.
- Conduct legal research, prepare attorney working binders, create and manage client/matter related spreadsheets and assist with document productions.
- Process incoming office mail and route to appropriate attorney, answer phones and provide support for client meetings.
- Provide general secretarial support, update client matter files, help with court filings and the service of documents as needed.
- Manage office and kitchen supplies, conference room scheduling/setup and the storage of records both on and offsite.
The following are competencies required to be successful in this position:
Education and/or Experience
- Critical Thinker: The ability to gather relevant information, interpret and evaluate the data, and make informed decisions. Develop sound, practical solutions and make timely decisions.
- Effective Communicator (Written and Oral): The ability to communicate clearly and coherently, interpreting information and adapting communication to suit particular situations and audience needs.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills: The ability to develop and maintain relationships with others, and to work with others toward a common goal by working cooperatively, developing positive relationships, and providing information and assistance willingly.
- Detail-Oriented: The ability to develop and apply comprehensive planning and organizing strategies to ensure projects are appropriately prioritized and resources are used effectively and efficiently.
- Proactive: The ability to see opportunities to make improvements and independently choose strategies to achieve them; envisions new and innovative possibilities and acts on them independently to achieve benefits.
- Manages Change: The ability to change directions quickly as workflow needs change, and to respond with flexibility to a changing work environment.
- Technical Skills/Learning: The ability to quickly learn and integrate new technical skills and knowledge; seeks out avenues to enhance technical skills.
Skill Set and Abilities:
- A Bachelor's degree or similar is preferred
- Must have a strong work ethic with the ability to multitask, prioritize, organize workflow, and use time efficiently.
- Language Skills: Must have strong communications skills (i.e., communicate clearly and effectively in both written and spoken English).
- Reasoning Ability: Uses the utmost discretion regarding sensitive company and employee information. Must be able to coordinate resources and responsibilities and be able to get along well with others. Must be able to develop a strong rapport with various department staff earning trust and respect.
- Physical Ability: May be required to lift up to 15 pounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org