Well-established law firm in Boulder, CO is seeking a Legal Secretary / Legal Administrative Assistant to join their firm. The position will involve a mix of paralegal, secretarial and administrative responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn, quick to take initiative, and willing to perform a variety of different tasks.
Job Duties Include:
- Drafting legal correspondence.
- Formatting and proofreading pleadings, briefs and other legal documents.
- E-Filing in State and Federal Courts.
- Pulling deeds and other records as requested.
- Tracking deadlines and monitoring case docket.
- Communicating effectively with clients, attorneys, the courts and other parties.
- Entering attorney time records into the firm's timekeeping platform.
- Maintaining case files, including electronic file organization.
- Opening new case files and closing inactive cases.
- Running conflicts checks for new client and preparing reports.
- Answering and directing phone calls.
- Processing incoming mail and delivering parcels to the recipients.
- Maintaining office supplies and ordering new inventory as needed.
- At least 3-5 years of law firm experience supporting a litigation practice group.
- Knowledge of documents used in the litigation process and Colorado Rules of Civil Procedure (CRCP).
- Proficiency with bookkeeping, including time entry, billing, A/R and A/P.
- Excellent proofreading, organization and time management skills.
- Strong computer/PC skills, including proficiency with Adobe and Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Environmental and/or water law experience is a plus.
- This is a fully in-office position. Candidates seeking remote work will NOT be considered.
If you are interested in this Legal Secretary job in Denver, please apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org