An innovative foods company in the south bay area has an immediate need for a Mid-Sr. level Trademark Paralegal.
Description & Requirements
- In-house experience is preferred
- Prefer someone who is personable and can handle a variety of personality types and who is comfortable and familiar with a start-up environment.
- You must to be able to hit the ground running!!
Handle the maintenance and protection of Company trademarks including:
- Conducting preliminary searches-Ordering full search reports and opinions;
- Filing new trademark applications;
- Analyzing- obtaining evidence in support of and responding to Office Actions;
- Filing trademark Statements of Use and renewals;
- Preparing and filing trademark assignments transferring ownership of trademarks;
- Maintaining and updating records in docketing database; and
- Obtaining evidence and assisting attorneys in trademark oppositions- cancellations and litigations.
- Ensure docketing deadlines are met in a timely manner; routinely review monthly docket and anticipate work required to meet deadlines.
- Communicate regularly with and maintain professional relationships with key business and marketing clients world-wide- as well as foreign associates.
- Arrange for execution- authentication and legalization of formal documents required for trademark administration- including trademark applications- assignments and powers of attorney.
- Provide support to attorneys during both U.S. and foreign transactions- to include assisting with due diligence- reviewing and organizing intellectual property documents essential to acquisitions and divestitures- and preparing summaries of the same.
- Assisting attorneys with trademark license agreements and distribution agreements.
- Researching potential trademark infringement matters and preparing cease and desist letters.
- Minimum 3 years of trademark paralegal experience at a law firm or in-house
- College Degree and/or Paralegal Certificate preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional planning- organizing- time management and work prioritization skills
- Proficient in use of Outlook- Word- Excel- Power Point and Internet
- Experience with trademark docketing systems
If you are interested in this position please send your resume to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org