Date Posted: 1/11/2022Apply Now
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Must have working knowledge of the California and Federal court rules and procedures.
* Must have trial and electronic discovery.
* Gathers, organizes, summaries and indexes documents for various sources for upcoming, pending and potential litigation.
* Composes legal abstracts by summarizing depositions, arbitrations, hearings, trials, and other transcripts. Assisting attorneys with the handling of cases during all phases of litigation.
* General case management, including case calendaring and managing deadlines, and managing case documents.
* Drafting and managing court filings, including cite and fact checking legal briefs, confirming proper Bluebook or CSM citation, proofreading, and assembling of exhibits and appendices.
* Assisting with discovery, including with document collections, document reviews, and document productions.
* Conducting factual and legal research.
* May act as an official Notary Public for the Firm.
* May perform cite checking and/or bluebooking as assigned.
* Provides various administrative support duties for the attorneys.
* Works on special projects and project teams for the Firm as assigned.
* Contributes to team effort to accomplish related results as needed.
* Other duties that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and maintain a high standard of ethical conduct. Excellent interpersonal skills are required for interactions with all levels of Firm personnel, clients and vendors. The successful paralegal/case manager detail-oriented and has the ability to multitask. Strong organizing and researching skills are required, which should include Internet researcher; strong client service orientation; excellent communication, and decision-making skills. Must possess and apply a broad basic knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of the law as it applies to the organization. Must demonstrate experience working with the Internet, computer databases, Windows, word processing, database and spreadsheet programs in litigation support, legal research and library applications. Position requires the ability to work independently and as a team player. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school with a certification as a paralegal; at least three to five years of experience, preferably in a law firm or other comparable combination of experience and education.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Commercial litigation paralegal position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.