Adams and Martin Group has partnered with a great, reputable law firm in DTSD looking for an entry-level Legal Assistant/ Secretary to join their San Diego office! The ideal candidate must have at least 1 year of law firm experience. This is a great opportunity to grow within the legal field and to make connections within a law firm. The firm offers a great benefits package and training.
Legal Assistant/Secretary responsibilities include:
- Preparing, revising, and formatting legal documents
- Handling calendaring, scheduling, and docketing
- E-filing in State and Federal court
- Assisting attorneys with trial prep and other case duties as needed
- Preparing expense reports, travel arrangements as well as attorney billing
Additional requirements of the Legal Assistant/Secretary role include:
- 1+ years of experience as a legal assistant or secretary in a law firm setting
- Knowledge of litigation terminology and calendaring
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and Adobe and the ability to quickly pick up on legal software (prior experience with OneLegal and Pacer is a plus)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Prior e-filing experience is preferred
- Someone who takes pride in their work and is a team player
If your interest and experience align, please apply or submit a word version of your resume to email@example.com for immediate and confidential consideration!
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org