Date Posted: 9/1/2022Apply Now
Mid-sized law firm in SF is recruiting for an experienced Docket Clerk who will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of firmwide docketing, and to ensure the accuracy of docketing entries. This position will provide comprehensive calendaring services to the firm to facilitate compliance with firm calendaring policies and processes and minimize risk of missed court and agency deadlines. This position requires an ability to work well under pressure and time constraints, and an in-depth knowledge of court rules and procedures within the given state, federal and appellate courts. In addition, the Docket Clerk will be required to organize the documents needed to bring the case to trial, as well as contact the attorneys, witnesses, and other parties participating in the case. Before a case, a docket clerk issues summonses to bring witnesses into court and, afterwards, issues the judges' orders or rulings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Docket Maintenance
- Maintaining tickler files and/or calendars, as well as ensuring deadlines from file and serve monitoring systems are entered.
- Researching and interpreting rules and statutes at the request of attorneys
- Respond to all inquiries made by attorneys in a timely and accurate manner
- Filing documents electronically and retrieving by hand with the courts
* Name or Entity Searches
-Includes the process of providing guidance, general information, proactive education, and training on policies and procedures.
* Operational Excellence (Quality)
- Assist in docket program conversion (transferring high volume of deadlines to new
- Saving high volume of documents to firm document management system, (NetDocs experience a plus)
- Audit - Processes associated with auditing and documenting compliance with codes, regulations, policies, and standards
Education and/or Experience
* A Bachelor's degree or similar is preferred
* Familiarity with filing and service monitoring systems i.e., Case.net, Lexis Nexis File & Serve, Pohlman Mydocserve and Mydocfileserve
* Ability to search and track case docket on Bloomberg Law
* Excellent knowledge of the court system and agencies
* Working knowledge of the federal, state court, and agency rules
*Please click to apply or email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Docket Clerk position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.