Our firm is seeking a Case Clerk/Jr Paralegal to join our litigation team!! This is a great opportunity to give your legal career a major boost in the right direction!
Under the supervision of Associates and Paralegals, the Case Clerk is assigned to support various litigation matters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to make a two year commitment.
- 4-year degree from an accredited college or university; prior law firm experience or paralegal certificate a plus but not required.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to coordinate and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong service orientation, and an understanding of the importance of developing effective working relationships with others.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software products.
- Must be available for travel.
- Must be available for overtime.
- You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your hire date to be eligible for starting in the role. Proof of vaccination will be required. Firm will provide reasonable accommodation(s) based on medical or religious grounds for qualified candidates.
*Click the link to apply or send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Perform case file management (including document productions, pleadings and correspondence files, deposition transcripts, and exhibits) by organizing, maintaining, and tracking files to make them easily accessible to lawyers.
- Maintain and update file indexes.
- Assist in preparation of legal documents (exhibits and filings).
- Prepare and maintain document binders, witness preparation binders, and topic binders.
- Perform database searches (Nuix Discover, Relativity) to retrieve lawyer's requested documents.
- Prepare, file and maintain corporate records of subsidiaries, annual reports, reports to the SEC, NASD and NYSE, stock option plans, Blue Sky surveys and forms pertaining to applications for licenses, trade names, documents for qualification to do business in foreign jurisdictions.
- Prepare, organize and maintain transaction and closing documents, checklists, organization charts, closing books, stock ledgers, corporate minute books, UCC financing statements, audit letters and annual reports.
- Coordinate closings and attend to post-closing matters; and file and track transaction documents with federal, state and local authorities.
- Perform research using Westlaw, LexisNexis, LiveEdgar, and similar services.
- Perform other duties as requested by Firm management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com