A small, high-volume, faced paced law firm seeking an energetic paralegal with real estate litigation experience. The Paralegal will assist attorneys by providing clerical and research support services including subpoena support, document preparation and file review, legal research, fact checking, and deposition and trial preparation.
- Prepare and process subpoenas, follow up with vendors regarding responsive documents, and review documents obtained through subpoenas.
- Case intake, including reviewing client documents, communications, and real estate transaction files and providing memorandums regarding those reviews which are concise and helpful to the attorneys working on the matter.
- Prepare, organize, store, and retrieve case files, which may include trial and deposition exhibits, depositions, pleadings discovery, client documents, documents obtained through the subpoena process, and other items.
- Maintain records regarding billable hours spent on specific cases.
- Assist attorneys with trial and deposition preparation.
- Assist attorneys with drafting routine pleadings and discovery, including preparing documents for production
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including via telephone and email.
- Working knowledge of litigation terminology, research methods, court pleadings and processes.
- Good judgment and the ability to work independently, while knowing when to ask for guidance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines and to follow up on projects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced and at times stressful litigation environment.
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related software.
- Comfortable with Adobe Acrobat, including redaction and Bates stamping functionalities.
- Bachelor's degree in Paralegal Studies or related field preferred.
- Paralegal certificate required.
- Two to four years paralegal experience required.
- Working knowledge of California court rules and procedures.
- 1 - 2 years real estate litigation experience preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org