We are an established real estate law firm with offices across California. Our San Diego office is looking for an Associate Attorney for our Property Ownership Group. If chosen as the successful candidate, you will be responsible for supporting the firm in providing transactional and litigation work in landlord-tenant law on behalf of property owners and managers.
With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
- Assist clients step-by-step through every phase of the eviction process
- Responsible for preparing and obtaining retainer agreements and collecting consultation payments
- Provide legal advice through consultations, assessing the facts and issues of each scenario
- Counsel clients appropriately on landlord-tenant conflicts, including the enforceability of lease provisions, and other clauses that may preclude a viable eviction from occurring
- Draft legal correspondence, including letters and notices, based on client needs
- Conduct legal document preparation and review, including summons and complaints and stipulations
- Litigate unlawful detainer actions in CA state courts on behalf of property owners and managers
- Perform legal research and analysis, providing recommendations to clients, staff, and fellow attorneys on legal issues
- Work with staff to ensure that all pre-trial motions, pleadings, and discovery documents are prepared and completed
- Attend local property management events to increase firm visibility and business
- Complete project-based work and additional duties as needed to support the practice group
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- J.D. and active California Bar license
- Previous trial experience
- General understanding of landlord-tenant principles
- Knowledge of California Civil Code and the litigation process
The following qualifications are preferred:
- ProLaw experience
- Some contact with the rental housing industry
Position is full-time, exempt. Our business hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-5:00pm Friday.
We currently offer a hybrid in-office/remote work model in accordance with our COVID-19 Temporary Remote Work Policy. New hire employees will complete the majority of their onboarding and training in-office as deemed necessary for the position by the firm before transitioning to a hybrid schedule under this policy, subject to approval by their supervisor.Why Work for Us?
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
What employees are saying about working with us:
- "The people, atmosphere, culture, and work/life balance are great.'
- "I always feel included, respected, and a part of the team.'
- "I have been given so many opportunities to grow and have learned so much.'
To apply, please submit the following:
- Desired salary range
Candidates who meet the criteria for
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org