Our firm is looking to hire pre-litigation paralegals for a fulltime, permanent role.
Paralegals assist attorneys with research, document review, hearing preparation, and file management. The position involves litigation and occasional transactional work. The ideal candidate enjoys performing intellectually challenging legal work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment with high standards expectations and ample opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Has at least three years' experience in legal research
- Drafts and edits legal memoranda, written discovery, communications, and other documents for internal and external purposes
- Provides highly responsive assistance to attorneys and clients
- Comfortably and effectively communicates orally and in writing with attorneys, clients, and others
- Cultivates positive relationships with colleagues, clients, consultants, and others
- Demonstrates ability to manage workload of multiple clients and competing deadlines
- Consistently produces high-quality work
- Responds timely to requests for information
- Daily enters time and descriptions accurately
- Able to work on gathering property information from local jurisdictions along with additional discovery work.
- Excellent research skills, including government databases (e.g., property records, environmental reports)
- High proficiency in computer skills including experience working with Lexis, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and e-discovery software.???????
- Must have good time-management skills
- Work collaboratively with other professionals including other paralegals, attorneys, and outside counsel and clients.
- Must also be able to work independently/have initiative to pick up where needed and finish tasks without too much oversight.
- Ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously and maintain organized files
- This is a team environment and we work closely on cases for the best outcomes eficiently and effectively.
Compensation Package consistent with education and experience
- Four-year college degree, Paralegal Certificate or 2 year certificate with equivalent experience.
- Must have at least 3 years experience in pre-litigation casework
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com