A prominent public entity defense firm is seeking a Junior Paralegal for their office in Pasadena. They are looking for an individual who can work well in a small team, hybrid work environment.
Work spans the full timeline of civil litigation from case opening, factual investigation, pre-trial work, trial, and post-trial proceedings. A majority of the work is focused on pre-trial organization, summarization, communication, and coordination of factual investigation, discovery, and basic legal research. Paralegal certifictaion is a plus, but not required.
Junior Paralegal Responsibilities include:
- Draft and prepare subpoena duces tecum for records (medical, employment, education, financial, criminal, etc.)
- Draft and prepare deposition subpoena and notices
- Summarization of records (medical, employment, education, financial, criminal, etc), reports (police reports, investigations, etc), discovery responses (interrogatories, document requests, request for admissions, subpoenas, etc), depositions.
- Conduct factual investigation and research (e.g., social media, web-based, working with private investigators).
- Proofreading and copy editing litigation documents (motions, discovery, and correspondence).
- Discussing case details with attorneys and clients.
- Case organization and documentation using MS 365 and other software/apps. Some physical file organization.
- Work with clients to obtain documents needed for discovery, motions and trial
- Preparing and filing (including e-filing) documents with the court.
- PowerPoint presentation drafting.
- Administrative duties (e.g., calendaring deadlines, scheduling meetings, preparing correspondence).
- When necessary, in-person document preparation and organization for court filings, discovery preparation, and trial preparation, and in-person trial support.
- Drafting and [*responding] to discovery (interrogatories, document request, requests for admission, subpoenas, public records act requests, etc.).
- Conduct basic legal research.
- Working knowledge of or ability to quickly get up to speed with Adobe or PDF editor equivalent.
- Scheduling Zoom, Team, etc - video conferencing.
- Ability to track numerous cases, tasks, and deadlines.
- *Familiarity with ASANA (project management software) a PLUS
- *Familiarity with LEXIS NEXIS a PLUS
Firm offers competitive pay, medical and dental insurance for employee paid by the firm, hybrid schedule, 7 hour work day w/ 1 hour lunch.
Please submit your resume to: email@example.com for immediate and confidential consideration.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org