A worldwide firm with over 100 years of history is looking for an experienced Trust & Estates Paralegal to support the SF office.
Are you an experienced Trust & Estates Paralegal looking for a new position at a company that has stood the test of time? This firm offers work/ life balance with a hybrid schedule that offers a hybrid schedule requiring as little as two days in the office per week (more when needed for trials/ projects), a generous time off policy consisting of 3 weeks PTO, 2 weeks of sick time, and 10+ paid holidays off. Health insurance that starts on day 1, and a 401K with employer match. This position will assist attorneys by processing original documents, preparing binders, notarizing, doing proof of process and finalizing documents for signature.
Specific Skills Desired
- Draft documents including but not limited to promissory notes, pledge agreements, loan agreements, general corporate formation documents and other ancillary documentation involving complex US and foreign trusts and other entities.
- Provide basic services related to trusts, corporate entities, domestic and international tax issues, compliance and disclosure issues, administration of trusts and estates, and other related matters.
- Communicate clearly and professionally with clients and their advisors, accountants, assistants, banking personnel, and other attorneys to provide general assistance, answer questions, provide documentation, and render service in a timely fashion.
- Assist with preparing various documents, forms, charts, letters, etc.
- Prepare binders, makes copies, enter data, assemble transaction records, and maintain files.
- Perform database research and data entry.
- Assist other paralegals and attorneys with mailings and filings.
- Strong preference for a minimum of 5+ years' experience as a tax or trust & estates paralegal or experience in a closely related field.
- Must possess strong technical skills, including typing, and have an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with iManage/FileSite (or other document management system), Elite, and Compulaw preferred but optional.
- Must be able to multi-task and work under strict deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills - the ability to express self effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Interpersonal skills - the ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to work independently when/if required.
If interested, send your resume to Mchace@adamsmartingroup.com The most qualified candidates will be contacted
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
- Paralegal Certificate - ABA
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org