Downtown law firm is looking for an experienced Litigation Paralegal to join their team of professionals. Candidate must be a team player who can work independently, with excellent writing skills and handle civil litigation cases from intake to trial.
* Drafting discovery (interrogatories, requests for admissions, and request for production, subpoenas, and preparing deposition binders) and motions (preparation of any supporting documents and exhibits, and preparing hearing binders)
* Ability to manage trial preparation including: coordination of witnesses and travel, trial exhibits, charts, trial notebook, subpoenas, and page lines
* Obtain medical records/medical billings, calculate damages including medical expenses, lost wages and property damage
* Strong online research skills
* Strong ability to multitask
* Team player
* Routine communications with clients and attorneys about case status and preparation
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
* Minimum of 3 years experience as a litigation paralegal
* Solid understanding of civil litigation (state and federal deadlines and rules)
* High proficiency in MS Suite, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
* Ability to think and act independently and with minimal supervision
*Highly organized with stroing attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
Posted By: email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Litgation Paralegal position. We received your application and will contact you shortly.